Time!

Strange faces, stranger names
Weird places, weirder ways
Trapped and stuck I am in a haze,
Where years disappear like days.

Slipping and flying time goes by,
Hoping and waiting while I stand by!

I try to grab reality with a deep breath,
I exhale too soon and begin to fret!
Every is has now become was,
While every will, seems like a lost cause!

Slipping and flying time goes by,
Cribbing and crying while I stand by!

I try hard to beat time at the chase
Steady my stance and multiply my pace
And just when I think I'm winning the race,
They clock the time and declare the end of my phase!

Slipping and flying time goes on,
Thriving and flourishing while I am long gone!
Source:https://in.pinterest.com/stinnettgolston/quotes/



This year went by so quick! I can still remember my thoughts from last year like it was yesterday. I wanted 2016 to be the year of travel. I got to travel, not so much to scenic places but to deep parts of myself that I never knew existed. I withstood some of the most unexpected things and I walked past some horrendous experiences with not as much as a scratch.

 Only when I looked deep within did I realize, I have so much to look forward to and so much to give and so little time. I have, since, changed my outlook towards life and I am glad at the way I am progressing. I realized I am in competition with myself only and I have to forever be at it. I also understood not every tree bears flowers at the same time. Patience makes life so much more worth it. It slows you down and lets you enjoy every second.

I now know what it feels like to love myself dearly and not give a f**k about anything else. This year I have lived my life on the edge, taking risks, making decisions and living life only on my terms and my terms alone. At the end of this crazy year, I am delirious with excitement for what the next year will unfold.

Have a merry Christmas and a very happy new year!

Comments

  1. I now know what it feels like to love myself dearly and not give a f**k about anything else. - Kudos my dear.

    Just because of this I think 2016 should be the best year of your life.

    Here's to a wonderful 2017 and more self discovery <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I agree! It definitely has been a great year in a long time! :D

      I wish you an amazing 2017 as well Sowmya!

      Cheers to giving zero f**ks forever! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts